Which team will snatch World Cup 2015


Breaking News

Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Djokovic left Murray behind in quarter-final


NewYork: Top seed Novak Djokovic moved to an eighth successive US Open semi-final after thwarting a shrivelling challenge from longtime rival Andy Murray that finished after 1 a.m. Thursday morning. The sensational opening two sets on Arthur Ashe stadium promoted eight service breaks and lasted 2 hrs., 13 mins. before Djokovic professed curb in the second half of the match to win 7-6(1), 6-7(1) 6-2, 6-4.
World champion Djokovic, assured his 50th win in New York and 13th in 21 fights against his childhood competing who had achieved the 2012 title.
Wimbledon champion Djokovic and Murray had spent a fascinating 4 hours 54 minutes fighting the 2012 final and their quarter-final contest exposed to exceed that mark when they required over two hours to get through the first two sets of a tie that began on Wednesday and finished Thursday.
at the end, however, Murray was trying hard with what seem to be a repetition of his long-standing back problem, a tradition of having spent three and a half hours more on court than Djokovic in getting to this stage.

Murray is now 0-9 against Djokovic after losing the first set and 8-13 overall.
"I didn´t expect anything less from Andy. Our last few matches have been three and four hours and he has a lot of energy and abilities on all sorts of surfaces.
"I knew it would be a hard match and that the more intrusive player would win." Djokovic said

"I played a poor tie-break in the first set definitely," defeat suffering Murray said.

 "I was down in the first set and I fought back. I was down in the second set and a break and I fought back. I fought hard. I played some good tennis. But it wasn't enough. I'm obviously disappointed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Published.. Blogger Templates